Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Week 6 | Industry Professional Critique Feedback

I received feedback from my mentor, Nancy Medwell.

Nancy was a professional portrait photographer for 30 years before retiring to help her husband grow his business. He is an Italian textile designer, who's kaleidoscopic, colorful designs are transferred onto the finest Italian silks and cashmeres. They are then sold as scarves and Nancy is responsible for marketing them and bringing them into retailers. I have had the privilege of working with Nancy and Carlo in the last several months as a marketing intern, and personal assistant to Nancy.

When I asked Nancy to help me better simplify my website for portfolio viewing, here is the suggestions that she gave me:


  • Think about removing all bulleted content on the Resumé page
  • Try adding pops of color to pull viewers in
  • Make the logo more playful... more catered to your personality! 
  • Make the social media links more easily accessible 
  • Use an image for the "about me" page that shows your face!

No comments:

Post a Comment